Online Counselling Also Available
Self-Esteem - Confidence - Self-worth
Self-esteem (what we believe about ourselves) levels can be transient and volatile. One moment you are feeling good about yourself, next you can be feeling down and out and incapable.
There is underlying self-talk, which we are unaware of and, if it is negative, then lack of confidence can be the outcome.
Low self-esteem and self-worth can interfere with your desires and abilities by:
- Blocking you from achieving your inner desires and being who you want to be.
- Creating fear about ‘speaking up’ and contributing opinions and ideas
- Being overly worried about what others may think of you.
- Preventing you from joining in leisure or recreational activities.
- Stopping you from really enjoying festivities.
- Holding back performance at work.
- Holding back success in ventures.
- Making you very self-conscious and shy.
- Stifling the expression of creativity and imagination.
- Limiting the ability or desire to try new ideas,
- Being fearful of starting or seeking new relationships.
Counselling can strengthen self-worth and resilience.
Healthy Self-worth is the recognising of oneself. It is the deeper belief that I am of value and acceptable, irrespective of my performance and the judgement of others.
Childhood and later experiences can crush the innate positive self-worth we are born with. Positive self-worth removes the constant dependence on the approval of others.
When the inner beliefs/dialogue changes to positive regard for yourself, you are being freed from the chains holding you back.
Counselling provides an empathic, non-judgemental and safe environment to promote awareness and compassion for these sensitive unconscious messages, and so improve self-worth.
It also provides the opportunity to reconnect with our original ‘essence’ and who we are meant to be.