Online Counselling now available
How I work..
My counselling therapy is ‘client centred’ which means I listen with respect and positive regard (i.e. in a supportive manner). I make no assumptions or judgements and treat you as an individual with an important personal history. see The Benefits.
In the counselling session you can expect to be treated with empathy, respect, non-judgement and to be supported while we explore your concerns, worries, fears and distress. I work with clients to understand their issues and individual needs, and offer support for Anxiety, Trauma, Loss and Grief, Life change and related issues. see My Approach.
If you do wish to say something, but it is difficult to do so, then we carefully and gently explore it. The counselling sessions are confidential – see my FAQ page for more details.
I am here to support and assist you, as we move forward at a pace that you are comfortable with. We do not work on an issue any deeper than you wish.
Transpersonal counselling is not a quick fix. Positive change however may be noticed within a short time. Longer term resolution takes time, care and understanding, which brings personal empowerment and a greater ability to navigate life’s situations. (Beware of claims offering quick psychological fixes).
You are an individual with your own history, therefore the sessions are tailored to your needs.
What you can expect in a counselling session:
- You are listened to without judgement and with positive regard.
- At different times I will ask questions to help me understand better.
- Transpersonal counselling is not just Talking therapy. If you want, the process will gently take us further as we work with the unconscious.
- Even though we may talk of the past, I work with what you are feeling and experiencing now.
- You are not obliged to answer any question I may ask or to follow a direction you do not wish to pursue.
- We may discover patterns and clarity as we progress at your pace. In time, becoming more aware of what is happening for you.
- I have techniques which may help if blocks prevent you and me from seeing past a certain point. I explain how they work so you can decide if you wish to try them.
Some of the techniques I can use are: focusing methds, mindful/awareness development, visualisations, pattern recognition, dream analysis, myth work and chair work.
It is your journey and I am here to help, and support you, as we travel through the issues and begin to understand why they are present in your life and so move forward.
Please select the buttons for more information.