Online Counselling Also Available
Feeling Depressed and Sad
Feeling depressed or ‘down’ can prevent us from achieving what we want or need.
It weighs us down, saps our energy, blocks us, strains our relationships with family, friends and colleagues, and negatively colours our general outlook.
There is a reason for suffering the way you do.
Counselling can help you move forward and put you on the path of re-connection and fulfilment.
You may recognise some of the feelings and emotions it brings in the list below:
- Persistent sadness.
- Feeling tired.
- Feeling alone, abandoned and uncared for.
- Feeling Emptiness and loss.
- An overwhelming sense of hopelessness.
- Powerless, defeated and trapped.
- No passion, loss of energy and drive.
- There is no ‘light’ at the end of the tunnel.
- No meaning, no purpose, nothing to look forward.
- A numb feeling towards family and loved ones.
- No enjoyment only a sense of despair.
- The inability to get out of bed or leave the room.
I realise that words alone cannot convey the real pain, therefore know that you are not alone. Counselling can support you to find a way through it.
Exploration of the issue and gentle bringing of awareness to the underlying emotions can heal the hidden thoughts and beliefs which feed these depressive feelings.
As the issues are managed and reduced, you may feel like we removed a weight, and find opportunities and possibilities open up for you. You begin to reclaim life, breath in hope and watch the sunrise.
Note: Since some of these feelings can also affect us physically (e.g. such as chronic tiredness) you may wish to check this with your health professional as well. Being tired can happen for both psychological and physiological reasons.