The Counselling approach I use is Transpersonal. It brings together holistic and mainstream approaches for the well-being of mind and body.
What can you expect?
- An opportunity to be listened to, express yourself and tell your story
- A safe space and help in exploring the issue(s)
- Acceptance and respect no matter what issues you are seeking help for
- To work towards your goals (i.e. work with the issue or issues which concern you and your expectations)
- A safe, supportive and non-judgemental environment
- Progression at a pace that you are comfortable with
- No pressure to go in any direction you do not wish to go
From a Counselling Perspective
My aim is to assist you to heal, explore solutions, discover new resources, get more from life, and provide liberation from the burden and pain which come with the issue(s).
One of the most important things in counselling is actually being listened to as you tell your story or the parts you want to. This is a narrative approach and we may find patterns which guide us towards understanding the issue(s).
When appropriate, I also use focus based methods which enlist the help of emotions and the body (somatic) sensations which are present when exploring issues. These feelings can help us clarify deeper parts of the issues whose reasons and purpose may be difficult to know. There are also other safe methods to help explore the issues and I discuss them with my clients so that understanding develops as we progress.
This type of counselling gives you a greater understanding about yourself as a human being in relationship with your environment. As well as working towards healing, in time it also provides a natural personal growth, self-awareness, self-empowerment and self-direction when you feel ready.
Please Note: Counselling is not a substitute for medical treatment. Should you wish to go off medication or change your treatment, you should consult your health professional first.