The Holistic Counselling approach I use is Transpersonal. Transpersonal counselling recognises the connections of mind, body and personal history.
It is an integrative approach that combines holistic and traditional counselling techniques with other counselling models such as emotion focused therapy, psychotherapy methods and mindfulness. It brings together alternative and mainstream approaches for the wellbeing of mind and body.
What can you expect?
- Acceptance and respect no matter what issues you are seeking help for
- To work towards your goals (i.e. work with the issue or issues which concern you and your expectations)
- An opportunity to express yourself, tell your story and be listened to
- A safe, supportive and non-judgemental environment
- Progression at a pace that you are comfortable with
- No pressure to go in any direction you do not wish to go
From a Counselling Perspective
My aim is to also assist you to discover new resources, greater life options and provide liberation from the burden and pain which comes with the issue(s) which you bring to the sessions.
I also see that the counselling may be an opportunity for personal growth and growing awareness as this can be a natural consequence of the process.
Please Note: Counselling is not a substitute for medical treatment. Should you wish to go off medication or change your treatment, you should consult your health professional first.